Tuesday, 15 May 2012

XenApp 6.5 event ID 30107 and 10001

Please check out for more of my technical posts, alternately please call us on 01932 268289. 

Ok so i started to get a XA 6.5 farm up and running for testing and i ran in to the following errors.

Event ID 30107

Site path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\PNAgent.

The Citrix servers reported that they are too busy to provide access to the selected resource. This message was reported from the XML Service at address http://CTXSERVER/scripts/wpnbr.dll [com.citrix.xml.NFuseProtocol.RequestAddress].  [Unique Log ID: db5427d9]

Event ID 10001

A usable server cannot be found on which to launch the application. Application: MyDesktop, Client: MYWORKSTATION (address:;;;), User DOMAIN. Check your worker group definitions and load balancing policies to verify appropriate servers are assigned for MyDesktop. 

How i got round this.

1.  Setup a worker containing my servers
2.  Applied a load evaluator to the App.
3.  Applied XA650W2K8R2X64001
4.  Restarted XA server

Also make sure you don't have 1 in the following regkey.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\fDenyTSConnections

Monday, 14 May 2012

Errors occurred when using "Servername" in the discovery

Please check out for more of my technical posts, alternately please call us on 01932 268289. 
After running discovery, the following error message is received:
“Errors occurred when using Servername in the discovery process.”

Double-clicking the error message to see the error details reveals the following:
“An unexpected error occurred. Check that the server name is correct, that the server is on, that Citrix Presentation Server is installed on this server, and that the Citrix MFCOM Service is running.”

Make sure the user is a member of the Distributed COM Users and try your discovery again and it should pickup the server correctly.

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Citrix Delivery Services Console: Unknown Error Occurred and Can’t Display Users?

Please check out for more of my technical posts, alternately please call us on 01932 268289. 

Sometimes when trying to view user sessions in the access management console, the console fails to display any users but rather displays an error message:
“An error occurred. Try performing the task again. If the problem persists, contact support.”  Then under details “Unknown error occurred”

This typically indicates the console is having trouble enumerating users or getting valid data back from the data collector. I then found that clicking on each individual server to display users pinpointed which server was not able to provide information as it popped up with its own error unknown message.
I then stopped the IMA service on this server which does not impact users sessions in progress (but will prevent new sessions from being directed to that server). I then ran dsmaint recreateLHC which recreates the local host cache, a subset of the datastore. Then I restarted IMA and made sure the server was back in the farm (verify with theQFARM command)